Adults-Only, All-Inclusive Resort with Lively Nightlife
From the rolling rhythms of reggae music to a dress code of swimsuits and flip-flops, Jamaica’s resort communities embody the concept of "laid back." Club Ambiance, an adults-only, all-inclusive resort located on the island's secluded north coast, fits the bill with unlimited cocktails, a clothing-optional beach, and a disco club that stays open as late as revelers want. This laissez-faire atmosphere is one of the reasons the hotel attracts repeat guests, many of whom reportedly refer to Club Ambiance as a "home away from home."
You can enjoy a lazy afternoon on one of the property's three white-sand beaches, which stretch along the Caribbean Sea. Wade in small swimming coves, sunbathe on the secluded nude beach section, or take to the water on complimentary kayaks. There's a lively scene at the ocean-view pool, too, where people frequently partake in volleyball games and aerobics classes. Onsite restaurants serve full buffet spreads for breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as à la carte options, such as steak and lobster (extra fees may apply).
Runaway Bay, Jamaica: Quiet Resort Town near Natural Wonders
Runaway Bay is tucked into the northern coast of Jamaica, between Montego Bay and Ocho Rios. The secluded town is one of the island's smallest—Lonely Planet calls it "a one-street village”—and it's noticeably quieter than its tourist-clogged neighbors. But what it lacks in size Runaway Bay makes up in natural attractions. Some of the best underwater sights in the Caribbean can be explored during scuba-diving tours of the coral reef just offshore. And about 4 miles (7 km) west of town, you can explore the limestone vaults and subterranean lakes of the Green Grotto Caves, which were used as a hideout by Spanish die-hards during Jamaica's 18th-century colonization by the English.
A scenic 25-minute drive brings you to one of the island's most popular attractions—Dunn's River Falls. This natural wonder consists of a series of terraced waterfalls cascading from the mountains to the sea like a gigantic flight of stairs. Thousands of travelers visit the site each year, and it even served as a filming location for the first James Bond movie, Dr. No. Today, tour groups frolic at the bottom of the falls or make the 600-foot climb to the top behind local guides.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Sangster International (MBJ) is about 50 miles from the property.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests. Adding occupants above the standard occupancy is $75 per night for an additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger not allowed.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with the Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here or call 876-973-4605.
Love to travel? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for travel tips, inspiration, and photos from around the world.